The QEC appreciates how important our environment is for the health and wellbeing of our children, their future generations and ourselves.
Sustainability is one of our core goals and we make determined efforts to minimise our impact on the environment.
That commitment is demonstrated by our integration of environmental sustainability into the same governance framework as occupational health and safety. The QEC’s OHSES Committee has environment and sustainability clearly in its focus with occupational health and safety. These are issues critical to our wellbeing, now and in the future.
The Committee, and representatives from each designated workgroup, meets quarterly with an annual review that ensures audit, mandatory training, and education, all with a focus on wellbeing.
Our OH&S commitment is shown with
- audits on manual handling, hand washing, duress testing and fire drills
- mandatory training in CPR, use of fire extinguishers, and first aid
- education on a range of processes including the installation of baby car seats and ergonomics
- wellbeing – with a stress free day, mindful Thursday and EAP
- we even have a program that provides assessment of the way individual staff sit at their desks
These are important, just as is our efforts to minimise our impact on the environment. We
- have installed streamlined multi function printers/fax/scanners and copiers in all sites replacing small printers to save on toner, paper and energy
- recycle all electronic equipment and instruments
- have a vegetable garden to teach families about home grown veggies and their use; and
- we recycle all our waste
For QEC Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability Policy, click here